Military Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your Member of Congress in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
A complete nomination file consists of the following items:
- High school transcript including final grades from Junior Year
- Official American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- An essay stating why you want to attend a service academy (500 words or less)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation
Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
To request a Military Academy Nomination from my office, please complete the form below. The application deadline for this year is December 7th, 2018.
***You MUST mail a hard copy of this application to the Midlands office (1700 Sunset Blvd, Suite 1. West Columbia, S.C. 29169) to be considered***