MILITARY ACADEMY NOMINATIONS
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your Member of Congress in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
A complete nomination file consists of the following items:
- High school transcript including final grades from Junior Year
- Official American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results **This requirement can be waived if test dates are not available.
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- An essay stating why you want to attend a service academy (500 words or less)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation
To request a Military Academy Nomination from my office, please complete the form below. The application deadline for this year is November 6, 2020.
Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
You MUST mail a hard copy of this application to the Midlands office (1700 Sunset Blvd, Suite 1. West Columbia, S.C. 29169) to be considered